Relais Santa Cristina
Language:
 italiano english
Prenota ora!!! Booking Now
  • About us

    your vacation in the heart of Chianti Classico region

    The Relais Santa Cristina, immersed in the magical atmosphere of the vineyards of the Chianti Classico region, about 1.5 km from Radda in Chianti, the atmosphere, the peace, the serenity, the feeling that time has stopped, make your stay an experience that remains in the heart.
    Immersed in the warmth of Tuscan atmosphere the 23 double rooms and triple rooms are comfortably furnished in typical Tuscan style, with wooden beams, bricks and stones. They are equipped with air conditioning, tv, telephone, mini bar, private bathroom with bathtub, shower and hairdryer.
    At the restaurant "the old Pergola", located inside the Hotel, guests can enjoy the best typical Tuscan cuisine and taste the great wines of this land.
    Guests can relax on the rooftop terrace, the pool overlooking vineyards and olive trees, sunbathe on the couch in the solarium, or participate in one of the many excursions to discover the Chianti and Tuscany, that our staff will be happy to offer you.
    The entire hotel is equipped with Wi-Fi.
    multiple packages and special offers are available throughout the season.
    Relais Santa Cristina, an oasis of peace in the heart of Chianti

    Gallery
  • Standard double room

    Offers a private bathroom and satellite TV.
    Room amenities: Desk, heating, separate entrance, shower, hairdryer, bathroom amenities, toilet, bathroom, bath or shower, bidet, telephone, satellite channels, cable channels, minibar
    average room size: 13 m²
    Type of beds: 1 double bed (s)

    prenota ora

    Gallery
  • room duple confort
    Gallery
  • The History

    At the foot of the Hill of Radda, where the ridge of hills that branch off from the main ridge of the monti del Chianti opens to form a plateau, they used to keep "mercatale" of the ancient capital of the Chianti.More than the flat performance of the land, had to affect the choice of the place is the fact that it was situated on the confluence of more lanes.At mercatale soon had to form a small village, "Villa at Radda", small village documented since at least the 13th century, its church, dedicated to Santa Cristina, being remembered from the 1276.Villa at Radda always had to be characterised to offer accommodation and assistance to travelers and merchants. Dates back to the middle ages the existence here of a "host" "bettoliere" and "proprietor".
    In 1842, with the opening of the "road of the Chianti and the consequent increase of transit of people and goods, the birth in a first-rate hotel" Locanda la Villa, "Minucci's family.
    The "locanda" had for the time a notable receptive capacity and offered catering service, shop where you could find food products, tobacco and coal "trading post" for changing horses.At this time it is said that he used the Inn also "iron Baron", Bettino Ricasoli.
    From 1842, from father to son for six generations, the family Minucci continued without continuity solutions to handle the old "Locanda della Villa", now "Miranda" from the name of Mrs. Miranda Minucci who runs the facility with her daughter Alexandra.
    After 150 years, rather than the appearance, remained substantially unchanged outside, have changed the services offered. Where were the stables now there are the rooms a rustic-style restaurant, while upstairs were rooms. He kept the small shop, now become a real "boutique" wine with a well-stocked with 792 kinds of wine, with the best "Chianti" more vintages, in addition to the most famous Italian and French wines.In the years ' 90, thanks to the acquisition and renovation of an old farm not far from Villa Miranda, was born the Relais Santa Cristina, with all the comforts required by modern day clientele.
    Luigi veronelli, Ugo Tognazzi, Vittorio Gasmann, Stefania Sandrelli, Paolo Villaggio, Robert De Niro, Nino Manfredi, just to mention some of the great characters who were delighted by the genuine atmosphere within these walls.

    Gallery
  • Superior double room

    Offers a private bathroom and satellite TV.
    Room amenities: Desk, heating, separate entrance, shower, hairdryer, bathroom amenities, toilet, bathroom, bath or shower, bidet, telephone, satellite channels, cable channels, minibar
    average room size: 17 m²
    Type of beds: 1 double bed (s)

    prenota ora

  • Colline del Chianti


    Gallery

  • Gallery
  • rooms

    The 23 double rooms and triple rooms are comfortably furnished in typical Tuscan style, with wooden beams, bricks and stones. They are equipped with air conditioning, tv, telephone, mini bar, private bathroom with bathtub, shower and hairdryer.
    The entire hotel is equipped with Wi-Fi.
    Included in the price is buffet breakfast which you can enjoy outside on the terrace, to start the day.
    And for those who want maximum relaxation, possibility of half board in the restaurant of the Relais Santa Cristina, with daily menus

  • Junior suite

    Very spacious accommodation includes a seating area and fireplace.
    Room amenities: view, telephone, satellite channels, cable channels, flatscreen TV, safe, air conditioning, whirlpool, work desk, seating area, heating, fireplace, sofa, shower, bathtub, hairdryer, bath tub, bathroom amenities, toilet, bathroom, bath or shower, bidet, minibar
    Room surface: 35 m²
    Type of beds: 1 double bed (s)

    prenota ora

    Gallery
  • Surrondings

    SIENA
    Born on three hills, it was inhabited in prehistoric and protostoric epoch and then from the Etruscans, to which Siena probably owes the name. In 90 BC it becomes Roman city. Only in the high Middle Ages it becames an important urban center. From the first half of XII century on, Siena prospers and it becomes an important commercial center. After the plaque of 1348, the slow decadence of the Republic of Siena begins, that reached the epilogue in 1555, when the city surrended to the Florentine supremacy. On July 2nd and on August 16th in Siena, in Campo’s Square, the traditional Palio takes places, a run of horses between the different quarters that monopolizes the attention of the city for lots of days. Among the monuments of remarkable interest there is the Town Council with the Mangia Tower that it is risen in the famous Campo’s Square, the Saint Maria Assunta Church that it is the Cathedral of Siena, the Baptistery dedicated to St. Giovanni Battista, the Basilica of the Observance dedicated to St. Bernardino, the Basilica of Saint Maria of the Servants, the Basilica of St. Domenico, the Church of St. Francesco with the oratory of St. Bernardino, the Church of Saint Spirit, the Sanctuary of the house of Saint Caterina.

    ST. GIMIGNANO
    From whatever place you arrive, St. Gimignano stand out on the hill, of 334 meters high, with its numerous towers. Today they are thirteen. History says that in XII century there were seventy-two of them. From the constellation of rural villages of small proportions of the Etruscan period and then of that Roman, it passed, around the end of the high Middle Ages, in the X century, to the formation of the most ancient nucleus of the actual historical center. Monuments of particular interest are the Cathedral or Collegiate Church, consecrate in 1148, enriched by valuable frescos of senese’s school, the Town Council and the Church of St. Agostino.

    MONTEPULCIANO
    Montepulciano is built along a narrow crest of limestone, with a height from the level of the sea of 605 meters. The country is encircled by a surrounded building and from fortifications planned by Antonio da Sangallo the Old, in 1500 by order of Cosimo I. Montepulciano is mainly known for the grandeur of its Renaissance buildings, for the elegant beauty of its churches and for the "Nobile Wine", one of the Tuscan wines internationally more appreciated. Monuments of particular interest are the Cathedral erected between 1582 and 1630. Inside are present works of Taddeo di Bartolo, and the Church of St. Biagio isolated in the middle of the country: the building, sum of the Renaissance studies on the Greek cross plant applied to the buildings of Catholics cult, was realized by Antonio da Sangallo the Old.

    PIENZA
    Pienza is a rare example of urbanism of the Renaissance brought to conclusion. It was wanted from the senese Pope Pious II Piccolomini. Defined from time to time 'ideal city', ' utopia city ', Pienza represents today concretely one of the constructive formalities through which it was tried to realize an 'ideal' model on the earth of life and government in Renaissance age, elaborating an idea of city that was able to give concrete answers to the desire of pacific and hard-working civil cohabitation of the men. Big part of the remarkable artistic patrimony of Pienza is concentrated in the Square dedicated to the pontiff that so much has given to the center, surrounded by the four most important buildings: isolated and well visible is the Renaissance Cathedral and in front of it the Town Council and nearby Borgia Palace and Piccolomini Palace.

    BAGNO VIGNONI
    Characteristic of Bagno Vignoni, that is 5 kms far from St. Quirico d’Orcia, besides its thermal waters, is its structure, been unchanged in the time. The tub of the thermal waters, that gush out to 52° of temperature, is in fact in the center of the square, closed on three sides from a surrounding wall of around one meter and a half of high. Arount, some buildings, realized by Bernardo Rossellino in honor of Pious II and the loggia where Saint Caterina stopped from Siena.

    MONTE OLIVETO MAGGIORE
    The Benedictine abbey of Monte Oliveto maggiore is between Buonconvento and Asciano and is placed centrally in the territory said “Crete Senesi”; it was founded by Giovanni Tolomei, (1313) the blessed Bernardo that here he withdrew to a life of prayer. The abbey, from the decidedly monumental aspect and from the considerable dimensions, it is situated on a high ground and it is immersed in a green that gives a deep feeling of peace. Inside, of notable interest is the big cloister completely painted by Luca Signorelli with the "Histories of St. Benedetto", and from Sodoma. In the church of fifteenth-century plant, re-made in the '700 in Baroque forms, you can find a magnificent wooden choir.

    ASCIANO
    Country of Etruscan and Roman origins, it was encircled by the senesis by walls in 1351. It still preserves the medieval aspect despite the urbanistic interventions of the fascist period and the second postwar period. Important are S.Agata Church and the Museum of Sacred Art that exposes works of painters of senese school of the XIV and XV century.

    MONTALCINO
    It is constructed on a hill to 567 mtrs. Covered of olive-groves and from the famous vineyards of Brunello. The country already inhabited in Etruscan and Roman epoch, it was under the possession of the abbey of St. Antimo, then it was Common and it entered in the sphere of senese influence. Important is the Fortress built in 1361 as testimony of military architecture.

    ABBEY OF ST. ANTIMO
    In the proximities of Montalcino we find the abbey of St. Antimo founded, according to the legend, by Charles Magno. The Benedictine monks built the actual church in 1118. Of Romanesque style with French and Lombard influences it is constructed in travertine and onyx and it constitutes one of the most interesting examples of Romanesque monastic architecture.

    Gallery
  • Rates

    2013 Price ratesStandard double room-€ 85.00Superior double room € 95.00Junior suite € 125.00
    Rates are per room per night for two people, inclusive of buffet breakfast

    extra bed supplement € 30
    Children up to 5 years free of charge



    prenota ora

    Gallery
  • Mappa
    Where We Are

    The Relais Santa Cristina is located 28 km from Siena and 38 from Florence. Its strategic location makes it an ideal starting point for excursions and visits to the most famous art cities and villages of Tuscany.
    GPS Coordinates43.489195873161 N, 11.396105289459229 E
    From North:Motorway A1, exit Firenze Certosa, take the raccordo autostradale Siena-Firenze-Siena. Take exit San Donato keep left at the fork, follow signs for San Donato/square/Lucarelli/Radda in Chianti. In Radda in Chianti is located on the S.S. 429 after the Agip petrol station.
    From The South:Motorway A1, exit Valdarno, cross the village of Montevarchi and proceed to Radda in Chianti on the S.S. 408 up to Badia a Coltibuono, continue on the S.S. 429 untill The Villa Radda in Chianti.
    Main Distances:Siena: 28 KmFlorence: 38 KmSan Gimignano: 44 kmMonteriggioni: 28 kmVolterra: 61 kmArezzo: 51 kmPisa: 111 KmRome: 248 KmMilan: 350 KmA1 exit Valdarno: 18 KmGaiole in Chianti: 11 KmCastellina in Chianti: 11 Km

  • contacts

    contacts

    Strada Provinciale 429 - Fraz. Villa - Radda in Chianti (SI)
    Mob. +39 335 6646083
    Tel. +39 0577 738008 - +39 0577 738021
    Fax. +39 0577 738668

    info@relaissantacristina.com

    Coordinate GPS
    43.489195873161 N, 11.396105289459229 E

    Maggiori Informazioni
    Contact form submitted!
    We will be in touch soon.




  • Privacy